Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Mission: Discover the Edible

It is with great pleasure that I launch Discovery Sandwich International. I've always wanted to write about sandwiches; always wanted to be a sandwich critic, and now that day has come.

Now that this small dream has come true, I have decided to be less a "critic" and more a "complimentic", a word I just made up, focussing on the good in each and every sandwich discovered.

From my homebase in Canada's capital city, I will find, pay for, and eat any sandwich on the market, relating to you, dear reader, all that is tasty. Bon appetite! (for my American readers: Happy eating!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you're going to see "the good in each and every sandwich," eh?

It's like you're the Sloan of sandwich critics.

Anonymous said...

Ahi Burger
Translation "So Tasty".

Seared Ahi (fish) topped with a big pineapple ring, mango chutney, and some secret sauce (with a mayo base), sandwiched between a fresh kaiser bun. Man, this is one tasty creation. I devoured this crazy sandwich in Laguna Beach, CA at Las Brisas.

All crazy fish/pineapple sandwich seekers must eat one! yum!

reachryanabbott@gmail.com said...

Yes, the Sloan of sandwich critics, no doubt. I'm hoping to overwhelmed by every sandwich I discover. I know overwhelmed is a word, I looked it up.

Anonymous said...

I suggest you sample the following, from La Bottaga, in the ByWard Market:

Prosciutto on a cirioli bun, with provolone cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and pickled eggplant. They make it fresh, so you have to order it just like that. No, you don't need mustard. The eggplant adds all the moisture and bite that you need.

It's substantial, and I think it's still well under $4.